What to do to cut down on false alarms in Wichita Falls
False alarms can be a real issue for a home security system. Not only do they erode the trust you have in your alarms, but they might even be a pain to resolve. Fortunately, you are able to do some things to reduce false alarms from your Wichita Falls home security system.
As the first step, make sure that your devices installed as intended. This process may sound like common sense, but it’s often the case that basic user errors result in false alarms. For the next step, check out possible causes of false alarms, including a back door that could be kept open mistakenly. And of course, don't hesitate to incorporate the various features like home automation and scheduling to cut down on false alarms in Wichita Falls.
Could it be really that easy? Keep reading to discover for yourself.
Can you avoid false alarms in Wichita Falls?
Just like you would address any issue, the initial step is to read the owner’s instruction booklet. Ensure all devices are set up properly on your end by:
- Running a system analysis with your touchscreen smart hub.
- Visually check each component to make sure it didn't slip or need fresh batteries.
- Look over your schedules and presets to be certain that your system isn’t arming at unsuitable times.
- Ensure all integrated smart devices are incorporated correctly and aren't conflicting with your alarms.
Contact your Vivint representative if you are still having issues cutting down false alarms in your Wichita Falls system. They'll be happy to dispatch a tech to check your system.
Inspect your windows and doors
If your installation appears to be OK, the ensuing step is to do an investigation of your property. Are all your doors and widows tightly secured, or are any mistakenly open? If an access point is left unlatched, it could activate a motion sensor. If it just so happens that your clan consistently neglects to shut an entrance, you could incorporate a smart locking system that automatically locks when your home security goes live. Unfortunately, windows need additional physical effort, especially if you have a family member who prefers to sleep with a cracked window. Thankfully, your Vivint home security system makes it simple to disengage that sensor while still shielding the remainder of the residence.
Automation is a smart technique to cut down on false alarms in Wichita Falls
One of the best methods to reduce the likelihood of false alarms is to incorporate automation into your security system. By using your Vivint app, have the ability to:
- Set a schedule to disengage the alarm when you are home and avoid false alarms caused by accidentally unlocking an entry point. Then have it reactivate automatically again at night as you start your bedtime routine.
- Set your home security to disarm whenever your smart lock is initiated with the correct number combination.
- Utilize geotracking to turn on your alarm as you leave the premises, then disarm when you return.
- Receive smartphone alerts when your components detect abnormal activity or require a fresh battery.
- Link your home security to a smart home speaker, so you are able to operate your system without the cell phone app or smart home hub.
Cut down on false alarms in Wichita Falls by switching to a Vivint smart home
Greater control over your home security equates to fewer chances of false alarms. To build your Vivint security package, reach out to (940) 209-1266 or send in the form on this page.