How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Wichita Falls smart home
At the center of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub links your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into one united system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color interface places you in total command of your Wichita Falls home’s automation and security. Learn more about how it will help you and find suggestions to get started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Wichita Falls help you?
Wirelessly connecting to components via radio wave signals and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your property. You can disarm or arm your system, program lights, update the thermostat, and more. If integrating a doorbell camera, you may even speak to whoever’s on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub has a battery backup and cellular capability for enhanced reliability. It also provides complete remote operation with the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s a sample of the tasks you can execute:
- Review live or recorded footage from all linked cameras
- Arm or disarm your home security
- Turn lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Adjust your smart thermostat settings
- Communicate directly to your monitoring center
You can boost convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Wichita Falls by setting schedules or establishing preferences. To illustrate, you could have your smart thermostat change automatically every night at a certain time. Or, you can set preferences like having your front door unlock whenever the fire alarm trips.
Steps for arming and disarming your system
Before you jump into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll want to understand how to arm and disarm your home’s security. It’s straightforward - just abide by these steps:
- Tap the shield icon on the home screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay signifies you will still be present inside your home and arms all devices except interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be away, and all sensors in your home will arm.
- To disarm, just slide the shield icon down and type in your PIN.
The main screen will display a warning if something is stopping the system from arming. To illustrate, an open window will prompt you to take action. Keep in mind that you may still arm the system by adhering to the instructions above. You will then confirm you want to ignore the sensor that isn’t engaged.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Wichita Falls
Although various users can be programmed when your system is installed, you will probably want to add another user in the future. Here are step-by-step instructions to do so.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right-hand side of the home screen.
- Press “Users” and input your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Select “Name,” enter the new user, and tap the Next button.
- If you want to provide the user remote access, choose phone or email and provide the details to send an request.
- Touch Next and then create a PIN for this new user.
- To delete a user, just proceed to the menu, press users, pick the user you wish to delete, and then select “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take charge of your home’s security and automation via an easy-to-use touchscreen panel? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Wichita Falls smart home. Contact (940) 209-1266 to learn more.